New Moon Kindness
Soothing waters wash clean the wounds. Waves lap away the dirt, the salt in the water stings, but the stinging heals. Look at those wounds, fresh and old. Make friends with them. This new moon is in Pisces and asks us to acknowledge what has hurt us, not to dredge up the past, but for purposes of healing and strength. For more on the new moon in Pisces read this excellent post by astrologer Chani Nicholas.
Gather Your Tools: Your journal, a writing implement, some water soluble color (paint, washable markers, ink, water soluble crayons), salt or moon water, incense (or a spritzer mix if smoke bothers you).
For this magickal venture:
- Cleanse your space with salt water or moon water
- Dab some on your forehead and chest
- Light some incense
- Breathe deeply and sit with the thing that hurts
- Pay attention to it without judgement
- Perhaps call on a favored deity to sit with you
- Take - your - time
- When ready, open your journal to a blank double page spread.
- Write the word "heal" in the middle of the page
- Sprinkle the page with water, add some color (water color, washable markers, something that is water soluble)
- Use your fingers and move the colors around in the water, your fingers are massaging and healing your pain. Making it something you can bear and use, not fight. You are dancing with it.
- When you feel the need to stop, do so.
- Leave your journal somewhere to dry
Leave a Reply.
I'm Liz Watkin a fiber artist and educator with an online learning background. I've been sewing since I was a kid and love the therapeutic nature of crafts.